Saturday, February 21, 2009

It's the Weekend!


We've had a good week in the Harris family.
Monday there was no school because of the new national holiday of "Family Day". We had a nice quiet day at home. Jeff went and worked all morning at the church, but the kids and I didn't go anywhere. Jeff got home early in the afternoon and we all just enjoyed spending time with each other.

Tuesday we were back to school. It was actually nice to be back to school after a nice 4-day weekend. AJ's ears were hurting him so badly that he didn't get much work done, though. He has the highest pain tolerance of all of our kids and he was crying from the pain. I did everything I could think of and had him lie down for most of the day. Tuesday night was Temple Keepers and I was glad to still be under my Temple Keepers' goal weight. I would really like to lose at least 5 pounds more if not a few more than that, but it's nice to be under my goal for Temple Keepers.

Victoria was up 3 times during the night on Tuesday night/Wednesday morning with sore ears. She'd climb in bed with me and then when she started kicking me I'd kick her out. That happened three times. The last time I woke up with her kicking me, it was morning. Needless to say, we were all tired on Wednesday. My dad preached in chapel on Wednesday and we all really enjoyed having him there. Lily didn't sleep much during the day, but then she fell asleep after supper and I had to wake her up to leave for Bible study!

Thursday is "hot lunch" day at school each week. My mom and I take turns bringing the food. It was my week and I brought tacos. Everyone enjoyed building their own tacos. I have a neat little taco cart that goes on a tabletop that I was going to use, but, of course, I forgot to bring it. Everyone still like their tacos.

Friday is Jeff's day to teach at school. My mom and I went grocery shopping across the border in Niagara Falls, NY. There are many things much cheaper there and even some things that we can't get here in Canada. It's always a nice time for just the two of us. We always have lunch at Wendy's and just have a nice relaxing time without the kids! :-)

Well, today is Saturday and I've been home all day. Lily was up early for her bottle, but then went right back to sleep for another hour, so that was nice. The weather is cold, but nice enough for the kids to go outside and play. The neighbourhood park got some new equipment, so they were excited to be able to go check it out. It's on the other side of the woods that are at the back of our property, so they don't have to cross any streets to get there. I'll have to go with them next time and take some pictures of them there.

I've attached a picture of my dad with Lily that was taken on Wednesday after chapel. Have a wonderful weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you're keeping busy, Virg. Have your kids been having ear infections? Ouch!

    I wish Niagara Falls, NY was closer so I could meet you there. Maybe we'll make it to Niagara someday, now that we live closer.

    I'd love to see this taco cart you have. Where'd you get it? Sounds like a cute little thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't remember where we got the cart - maybe Big Lots? Anytime you're anywhere near here, let me know and I'd love to get together.

    The kids had sore ears, but no fever. I didn't take them to the dr. because of no fever. They have great ear drops here that have a numbing effect and also contain an antibiotic. Their ears are better, but they still have coughs.

    I'll see if I can get a picture of the taco cart. It's so neat!

    ReplyDelete