Saturday, May 22, 2010 pictures!

I was just looking back at our blog all the way back to the very first entry. I noticed that I wrote a lot more about what was happening in our lives. I thoroughly enjoyed reading everything and decided that I'm going to try to write more as well as all of the pictures. You probably can tell what's going on with all of the pictures, but it's nice to read about things, too.

On Wednesday, Austin Feere (9 years old) came to stay with us for about three weeks. His family are missionaries to Africa. They are currently on deputation. His parents and older brother are on a trip to Africa right now, so that's why Austin gets to stay with us. Of course, Luke and AJ are thrilled and Victoria keeps lamenting that she is " chopped liver", though she did tell me that she's glad he's visiting, too. I'm sure she'd rather Austin's little sister, Bethany, was here, but she's surviving! :-)

Luke, AJ, Victoria & Austin spent the night last night with my mom and dad, so it's just Lily at home. I dropped the 4 older kids off yesterday afternoon at my parents' house and then Lily and I went to Wal-Mart to buy a couple of things (for the second day in a row). The minute I put my keys on the counter when I got home, I remembered something I forgot - of course!! Lily and I went to the church and visited with Jeff for a while. He was there all evening due to the HELP meeting.

Lily slept until 7:00 this morning, drank her bottle and went back to sleep until 8:30 - unbelieveable. It was SO nice to sleep in for a change. Lily was in such an agreeable mood this morning. She just kept saying "oh-tay" (okay) every time I said anything. What a cutie.

Jeff goes to the church VERY early every morning for his devotion time, so when he got home mid-morning, we Wal-Mart.....again.....for the third day in a row!!! I'm so excited, though, because I got a peony bush. I had one a few years ago, but it died. I can't wait to plant it. I need to take pictures of our gardens. They are looking so nice.

When we got home it was time for me to go donate blood to the Canadian Blood Society held at a local high school. Well, I got there and promptly flunked the iron test and got rejected - for the SECOND time in a row. Now I have to wait 56 days before I can try again. Ugh! And I've been taking iron pills - one every other day. Guess I'll have to start taking more. Then I went to the church for music practice. Came home and have been updating our blog with lots of pictures since then, taking a brief break for veggie burgers and fries from Harvey's and here I am again.

The kids should be home in about an hour and a half. I need to go print the bulletin for tomorrow as well as some colouring pages for Jr. Church. Hope you've enjoyed the update. I'll try to type more as I post pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment