Monday, May 24, 2010

Victoria Day 2010

I know that most of my friends reading this blog are Americans, so you might not know that today is a holiday in Canada. It is Victoria Day in honour of Queen Victoria, though our Victoria Faith says it's in honour of her! :-)

We had a most wonderful holiday, if I do say so myself. The weather was picture-perfect. Hot and sunny. I kept sending the kids outside to enjoy the beautiful weather. I know they think I'm terrible, but they did not play even 1 minute of wii today - it was just WAY TOO nice to sit inside (in my opinion). The older four kids (Luke, AJ, Victoria & Austin Feere) went to the park in the morning and Lily, Buckeye and I spent that time on the back porch. It was just so nice. Jeff worked hard all day painting the gable of our house to match the addition and it looks great. I'll have to take pictures (of course!)

Before lunch, all 5 kids and I worked together and got the garden planted. Well, actually, AJ, Victoria & I did most of the work, but we'll say that the other 3 helped, too! :-) It's in and I'm happy. We planted green beans, lettuce, tomatoes, red peppers, daisies & black eyed Susans. I'm afraid that even though Jeff took down the tree that was in the garden, that we're still not going to have enough sun to have a great garden. Oh, well. We will certainly try. (Again, I'll have to take pictures, but I'll wait until you can see something!)

Then for supper I cooked hot dogs and German sausage on the grill and we had potato salad and strawberries with them. Mmm-mmm! After we cleaned up from supper, all 7 of us walked to McDonald's for ice cream and then over to the park. Well, actually, Victoria & Lily rode in the wagon, but the rest of us walked. Then we came home, got baths & showers and the kids went to bed. What a great day off we enjoyed!


Here are a few pictures. The boys were here there and everywhere and I didn't get any shots of them. (Keep in mind that Jeff does NOT like to have his picture taken. He's such a good sport for me, though!)


No comments:

Post a Comment