Saturday, January 3, 2009

At Oma & Opa's House for the Weekend!


Well, the kids just got home from a weekend at my parent's (Oma & Opa's) house. Every second weekend my parents pick up the kids some time on Friday and they get to spend the night. They come home at bedtime on Saturday having already had their baths, in their pj's and ready for bed. It is a wonderful time for all.....kids get time with Oma and Opa and have a great time out in the country doing exciting things, Jeff and I get usually 27-30 hours of time to spend together, just the two of us, and my parents get to spoil the kids without Mom and Dad around!!! It's great for everyone involved.
*****
Victoria is getting a bit sick, though. My mom said that she was up with her for a couple of hours in the early morning hours trying to get her fever down. She was successful, but Tori just wasn't feeling herself - kind of lethargic and not hungry. Anyone who knows Tor', knows that she MUST have been sick. She was doing some better this afternoon, but is starting to feel a bit peaked. Hopefully it's just a cold!
*****
I fell again yesterday. That was the third time since we started getting snow this fall/winter. The first time was in our driveway. I was wearing shoes with smooth soles and my good foot just slipped. I didn't really get hurt. My prosthetic knee took the brunt of the fall, though. It seems to be okay. Then I fell once a few weeks ago in the house -- tripped over a carpet that had been pushed up to a doorway! That time I got a HUGE bruise all over my knee. The good knee got the worst of that fall. Then yesterday (I was wearing those same shoes! Tsk. Tsk!) I slid on some snow on the sidewalk and went down hard on my prosthetic knee. I didn't think I was hurt. My tailbone was a bit sore from the socket of my prosthesis banging into hard, but it wasn't too bad. Well, all day it just seems to be getting worse. Hopefully it will start to feel better tomorrow! As soon as I told Jeff about it, he made me change my shoes right away. These ones aren't so pretty, but they have great soles on them. I shouldn't slip anymore. Anyway....enough about me!
*****
The kids are in bed and it's time for me to finish some laundry and head to bed myself. Looking forward to a wonderful Lord's Day tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness Virginia! You are so lucky you didnt get hurt.I will be praying for Victoria.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome that you get alone time like that! Sure wish somebody would take my kids for a night! =)

    ReplyDelete